MB&G MobileMap™ Cruise:
Forest and Timber Field Data Collection Made Easy.
Timber cruising has never been easier! Loaded with industry-leading MBG Cruise software, MobileMap™ gives you command of your forest inventory program from planning to data delivery. With GIS functionality, efficient data collection, data validation, streamlined workflows, and improved information management, you can now collect quality inventory data utilizing low cost consumer mobile devices.
MBG Cruise contains everything you need to collect detailed forest inventory data including:
- Stand, plot, tree and log data
- Critical information on when and who collected the data
- Stand level data including stand ID, type of plots, and Basal Area Factor (BAF)
- Tree level data including species, age, Diameter at Breast Height (DBH), tree height, taper diameter and height, crown ratio, tree component or group codes
- Log level data including log grade, length, defect and notes
- Completely configurable attributes including data type (such as text, integer, floating point) and allowed values (such as code lists, range of values)
- Validation rules can be applied at the individual attribute level (such as allowed species codes) or among multiple attributes (such as height is required if tree has a broken top)
Built using Esri technology from the ground up, MB&G MobileMap™ seamlessly fits into your enterprise GIS and syncs with ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Online; this means your data is safe, up-to-date, and securely assessable to your team—all without an Internet connection! While other cruising applications offer basic offline functionality, none rival MobileMap Cruise’s flexibility, capability, and performance.
Built for Foresters
Made for Large Inventories –
Need imagery at multiple scales and over large geographic areas? MobileMap Cruise supports large data sets as well as unlimited base maps and feature types. Android devices with MicroSD cards make for easy load capabilities and you can even use multiple cards for larger data sets!
Powerful Field Data Capture Tools –
With MobileMap Cruise you are continually aware of your location and can search for stands and plots using any attribute. Our navigation tools show distance and direction to your destination, and can even alert you when you arrive.
Streamlined Mobile Data Workflow –
No more cabling to your data logger, emailing cruise stand and plot location Shapefiles, or worrying if your team is all viewing the latest data set. MobileMap Cruise streamlines cruise data collection and dissemination for improved efficiency and collaboration.
Custom Data Collection Forms –
You can use our standard cruise specification or implement your own specifications and custom collection forms. Form design is optimized for speed and accuracy.
Advantages of Android Platform
With the freedom to choose your own field devices, the Android platform is the ideal application for performance, capability, and durability. From its inception, Android focused on providing options – options like manufacturers, connectivity, and batteries – all at a lower cost. We built MobileMap Cruise on the Android platform to capitalize on critical capabilities not found in iOS devices including:
- MicroSD Card Support
- Rugged Devices
- High Accuracy GPS
- Sunlight Readable Screens
Inventory is easily verified or corrected with the industry’s leading software loaded right on your device.
Software runs on any Android device, leaving you to pick the one best for your use.
The intuitive interface makes field collection simple.