Founded in 1981, The Beck Group (TBG) is a leading forest products planning and consulting firm based in Portland, OR. For well over a decade, The Beck Group has partnered with Mason Bruce & Girard on projects that contain both forestry and forest products manufacturing components. Our experience and expertise in forest products manufacturing technology, economics, and markets complements Mason Bruce & Girard’s forestry, GIS, and natural resources services.
A sampling of joint MBG/TBG projects includes:
- A feasibility study of woody biomass energy opportunities for a Northwest Native American Tribe, including analysis of feedstock supply and power plant economics.
- A comprehensive Northwest regional fiber supply and demand study assessing the availability of the pulpwood roundwood and residual chip fiber supply and the economic feasibility of several businesses that utilize mill residuals.
- Joint expert witness team on a wildfire damages case for a Northwest Native American Tribe.
- An assessment of the supply of small diameter roundwood in California and the feasibility of several businesses that could convert small diameter material into marketable products.
- A study of high hazard fuels in California and barriers to economic utilization of those fuels.
- A joint analysis of the impacts of Oregon’s proposed Climate legislation for a major environmental organization.
- An assessment of the potential supply and alternative utilization options for proposed harvest treatments in the Tahoe Central Sierra Initiative region of California.